Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rednecks

I wanna start this out by saying that I can use the "R" word - I've lived in the south for 35 years. I'll never be a southerner, I wasn't born here, but my daughter was so that helps.

But I digress.

I can use the "R" word in much the same way that blacks can use the "N" word. We're fucking entitled - so there.

Anywaaaay....I've been pet/house sitting this week while my daughter and her husband are on vacation, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. As long as I stayed in the house. My baby girl lives just outside Atlanta and it's been in the high 90's every day this week with the heat indices over 100. BRU-tal.

Needless to say, I have not ventured out too often or for too long a period of time. No washing the truck or playing catch with the dog. Mostly sitting inside reading, playing on the computer or watching TV.

I'm normally not much of a daytime TV person - sometimes one of the Judge shows - but that's about it. Well, I got me an edjucashun this week, and I've made a very serious discovery.

I'm gonna share it with you now so get ready - fasten your seatbelts - batten down the hatches.

If it wasn't for rednecks and trailer trash we wouldn't have all those "redneck engineering" emails; the "people of WalMart" pictures wouldn't exist; Maury Pouvich and Jerry Springer would be out of work.

End of the day's enlightenment, grasshopper.

Later,

obi

1 comment:

JamesDeGroat said...

Glad your enjoying your pet Sitting time.
It's been Hot here Too